Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cosmo School

After years of flipping through fashion magazines, I realized that I entered this career to get on those pages.  High fashion, couture, and the avant-guarde have always given me inspiration and guidance.  I don't want to be the hair stylist in the small town chop shop doing the same haircut and haircolor for the rest of my career.  I want to create the bold and the edgy, and here was my start:

I started cosmo school in May of 2008.  In June, the school held a hairshow.  As it turns out, teenage girls often tend to be slightly less responsible and reliable than your average shmo.  Three weeks into my schooling, before I had even touched a manequin, I replaced another student as the head of a design team of ten models.  Luckily, even though I didn't really know how to do hair, things didn't go too badly. :)





After all the long hours and anxiety attacks were all over, I knew I was hooked.  For no more than 40 minutes, the weeks upon weeks of prep work were completely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment